Canadian GP F1 2015 Qualifying results [UPDATE]
[UPDATE] Canadian GP F1 stewards have handed the Ferrari driver Sebastian Vettel a five slot grid penalty and three penalty points on his license for overtaking Manor’s Roberto Merhi under red flags in Canadian GP practice on the long straight towards the final chicane.
Mercedes-AMG Petronas will fill the front row of the grid for Sunday’s 2015 Canadian GP F1 race after Lewis Hamilton beat team mate Nico Rosberg to pole position by more than three-tenths of a second in Montreal, with Kimi Raikkonen third for Ferrari over six-tenths down from pole.
Canadian GP qualifying saw Sebastian Vettel getting eliminated in Q1 due to problems with Ferrari’s MGU-H.
Valtteri Bottas finished the Canadian GP qualifying fourth for Williams-Mercedes followed by the two Lotus-Mercedes drivers Romain Grosjean in fifth and Pastor Maldonado in sixth place.
Force India-Mercedes’ Nico Hulkenberg beat the two Red Bull-Renault drivers to claim seventh place in 2015 Canadian GP F1 Qualifying
Daniil Kvyat and Daniel Ricciardo finished the 2015 Canadian GP F1 Qualifying in eighth and ninth place respectively, with Sergio Perez rounding up the top ten.
Jenson Button did not participate in the 2015 Canadian GP F1 Qualifying and will race at the stewards’ discretion.
2015 Canadian GP F1 Qualifying results
1. Lewis Hamilton GBR Mercedes-Mercedes 1m 14.393s
2. Nico Rosberg GER Mercedes-Mercedes 1m 14.702s
3. Kimi Raikkonen FIN Ferrari-Ferrari 1m 15.014s
4. Valtteri Bottas FIN Williams-Mercedes 1m 15.102s
5. Romain Grosjean FRA Lotus-Mercedes 1m 15.194s
6. Pastor Maldonado VEN Lotus-Mercedes 1m 15.329s
7. Nico Hulkenberg GER Force India-Mercedes 1m 15.614s
8. Daniil Kvyat RUS Red Bull-Renault 1m 16.079s
9. Daniel Ricciardo AUS Red Bull-Renault 1m 16.114s
10. Sergio Perez MEX Force India-Mercedes 1m 16.338s
11. Carlos Sainz Jr ESP Toro Rosso-Renault 1m 16.042s
12. Max Verstappen NED Toro Rosso-Renault 1m 16.245s
13. Marcus Ericsson SWE Sauber-Ferrari 1m 16.262s
14. Fernando Alonso ESP McLaren-Honda 1m 16.276s
15. Felipe Nasr BRZ Sauber-Ferrari 1m 16.620s
16. Sebastian Vettel GER Ferrari-Ferrari 1m 17.344s
17. Felipe Massa BRZ Williams-Mercedes 1m 17.886s
18. Roberto Merhi ESP Manor Marussia-Ferrari 1m 19.133s
19. Will Stevens GBR Manor Marussia-Ferrari 1m 19.157s
20. Jenson Button GBR McLaren-Honda no time
-Max Verstappen penalised 5 grid places for causing a collision at the Monaco Grand Prix, and a further 10 places for using his fifth engine of the season.
-Jenson Button failed to set a qualifying time for the Canadian GP within the Q1 107% requirement of 1:21.141, and races at the stewards’ discretion.